Corporate responsibility and sustainability statement
Corporate responsibility and sustainability (CR&S) is ingrained in every aspect of Bee Services operations. We strive to go beyond our statutory obligations to be a good neighbour and this policy demonstrates our commitment to ethical and environmentally-friendly practices within our organisation.
Bee Services board has ultimate responsibility for implementing the CR&S policy across the company.
Bee Services is committed to promoting sustainability in all areas of our business by:
- undertaking business risk assessments, reacting and adapting to climate change, minimising the environmental impact of all aspects of our business operations and maintaining our certification to ISO 14001: 2015
- measuring our energy use and carbon dioxide emissions, and identifying and implementing savings wherever reasonably practicable
- recycling office and project waste materials where practicable and cost-effective
- minimising business-related travel and promoting the use of public transport and shared travel/commuting wherever practicable and cost-effective
- maintaining and promoting the Bee Services bike-purchase scheme for all our employees and supporting local initiatives to improve bicycle access routes to our offices and clients
- communicating the requirements and needs of our environmental management system and CR&S policy to all, including our suppliers, and consulting with and involving our employees through regular meetings with the office CR&S representatives
- rendering ourselves accountable through annual sustainability reports documenting our most important environmental, social and economic impacts
- supporting the communities in which we operate through charitable donations and environmental education. Our community engagement and donation policy focuses on the communities around our offices and national or international programmes as selected by the board
- using local suppliers for site operations wherever feasible
We annually review this policy to ensure it is effectiveness:
- review responsibilities and procedures for CR&S management
- set clear CR&S objectives and targets, monitor and measure performance and communicate the results
- ensure adequate resources are made available to implement the policy.